Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Deputy

Kill them before they grow.
The voices tell me:

“You’re not good enough.”

“You’re not smart enough.”

“You are not thin enough.”

“YOU are not enough.”

Kill them before they grow.

Sometimes they sound like my own
Sometimes like a friend’s or even family.

The most seductive
most pleasing one says,

“I don’t care.”

Kill them before they grown.

I never said that they only spoke lies.
Often they tell truths I don’t want to hear.

Discerning when the lies became true is difficult.
One must abandon acting out of causality.
Otherwise
they would all become defining.

Kill them before they grown.

Learn to make your own decisions
so you are not led by them.

©Christopher F. Brown 2010

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket