Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Light and Shadow

Sometimes

 

I see you from different angles.

 

I wonder if it is light and shadow playing tricks on my eyes

games with my mind

 

or

 

Could  you really be that beautiful.

 

My ears must lie.

 

No earthly voice could be so enchanting.

 

You bewitched my every thought to you

yet

have stolen my ability to dare voice them louder than a whisper.

 

Sometimes

 

I see you from different angles.

 

I question

would the back of your head rest snugly in the palm of my hand

as I draw you near to kiss the lips that beckon me.

 

I could easily carry you when you tire

 

If you let me

 

I could easily protect you while sleep

offer a shoulder for crying

an ear for listening

 

If you let me.

 

Sometimes

 

I see you from different angles

 

I wonder what it would be like.

 

If you let me.

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2010

 

 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket