Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I knew a man that hated himself

Everything

You say about me

I know

To be a lie

 

You say

I have no personality

No character

I’ll tell you

 

I'm a poet and author

Every now and then

A comedian

 

You say

I should to this

Do that

To be more like you

 

I offer you one book

You are still

Pondering page two

 

I offer you one play

You are still

Muddled in the mystery of act two

 

I offer you one symphony

You are still

Motionless in the second movement

 

You do not like yourself very much

I can see that

You do like most others like you

Ive come to know that

You really do not like me at all

 

I know why

 

I could explain it to you

In great and expansive detail

But then

That would not help you at all

No

The more you attack me

The more of me I shall be

 

When you realize

You cannot break me

You’ll question

When and where

And whom

Broke you

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2012

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket