Sunday, May 12, 2013

Worst Nightmare

If I told you my dreams

 

You'd lock me up

Say I was crazy

Tell the world

I was a liar

 

That would be

If

You believed me.

 

Instead

you act as if you never knew me

 

Act as if

what was said

Was not what happen

 

Act as if

it did not

ALL

come to pass

 

Instead you act

 

Maybe you play

 

Pretend that you cant see me

Pretend that you don’t see the mirror

 

Very well

 

Ill pretend I don’t know that you know

Ill pretend that the silence does not deafen me as much as it does you

Ill pretend that you are mute as well

 

Ill pretend that we did not lift our blind folds

seeing our swords totaled four

 

Ill pretend that your soul does not scream

Ill pretend like I cant tell

Like you do

 

Ill pretend as if it were all

 

A dream.

 

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2013.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket