Sunday, December 15, 2013

Summer Clouds In The Desert

 

I'm pissed that I once thought

maybe

 

you were, in my eyes

worth every

sun

moon

and star

 

In yours

non existent

 

invisible like radiation

indivisible from the magnitude of the void

 

I'm pissed that you use to shine

so brightly

causing my eyes to look your way

 

Siren song

was your voice to my ears

 

Ambrosia

was the thought of you

your image upon my mind

 

Moses

was your form to my lips

 

Now I am here

 

Othello

seeking not your death but my own

 

Knowing it was not a trick

it always was what it was

 

you were never liken to Desdemona

you were always my personal Iago

 

You remind me that I’ve never known you

 

That is the pain and comfort

 

The closest ive come to knowing you

Reminds me of the most pain

Summer clouds in the desert

 

some hope

ive come to question your existence

 

You and I know

you’ll yield no rain

 

You are a reminder of intangibility

 

There may come a day when it rains

hell even snows

in the desert

 

but until then

you are not hope

 

you are a mirage.

 

©Christopher f. Brown 2013    

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket