Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ghetto tribune

 

 

With a mind like Michael And a soul like JJ

They hate me

 

Cuz

 

Thelma and I both though Keith was hot

 

Moms always dropped knowledge that would have made Florida's head spin

Wilona was my cousin and my sister her twin

 

My dad’s name was James and he did cut out after a season or two

 

Death not of natural causes

 

The one that swept the 80's ghetto

Victims soul dead

Walking zombies

Hearts retarded

 

Had hella neighbors named penny

Still do

 

By the time she was 15

had a baby daddy that was 20

and more than a few

 

A lot of em still trying to escape the ghetto but the rattings are slippin

And the government is losing interest

 

They say the world is going broke

But money the ghetto never had

 

They say the world is at war

but in the ghetto every day is won

 

We tell the children to go to school and get and education

but worldwide its worthless

 

I look at my nephew and my godson and pray

The day never comes

They ask me

The correct way

To hold a gun

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2011

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket