Monday, November 11, 2013

Naked, Sacred, Self

 

I turned it off

 

When I found out

Physical form meant more than

spiritual substance

 

When I found out that

Age matters when you have too much

 Looks when you don’t have a certain one

 

When they meant something different

something estranged from my previous understanding

 

I know my body is not me

only a part

 

they wanted that part

without wanting only me

 

I turned it off

 

They all wanted something much less

far cheaper

than I am willing

was willing

 to give

 

You do not understand the meaning when I say

you are beautiful

 

Namaste

Ashe

Amen

 

I turned it off

 

You are not able to fathom a comprehension when I say

I love you

 

Namaste

Ashe

Amen

 

I turned it off

 

Life has instructed

give it to self always

to the ones called family

the select few that are called friend

 

Show it to the world

but don’t let the world abuse it

 

But in that concentrated way

where two become one

 

I turned it off

 

Its disrespectful to the concept

for me to treat you according to the concept

when I  see

when I know

before it all started

before your scent first touched the air

you have no awareness of the concept

 

There are about six degrees of separation from

what you think it is

what you thought it was

what you have been shown it to be

what you attempt to offer me

and that which it actually is

 

 that which I was willing to offer you

 

I don’t believe there is a single one

there is the one you make it work with

 

That one

must also be willing and able to make it work with

you

 

For now

for me

you don’t exist

 

I realize now

you never did

square pegs forced into round holes

mistakes all listed above

 

I turned it off

 

Only a truly naked self

has any right

any ability

any authority

 

to turn it on.

 

© Christopher F. Brown 2013

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket