Sunday, November 16, 2014

Learning to walk but not to see

 

how am I supposed to be something to you

I don’t even know what I am supposed to be to me

 

first I figure:

 

I forget

everything I possibly can they said

everything they said about my culture

everything they said about my people

everything they said about my family

everything they said about my parents

everything they said about me

 

second I figure:

 

I learn

everything I possibly can

everything possible about my culture

everything possible about my people

everything possible about my family

everything possible about my parents

everything possible about me

 

Now is when it started

Now is when I see

 

I see

my self clearly

know my self clearly

understand enough clearly

 

I was never supposed to be something to you

I was always supposed to be something to me

 

clearly I see how it was all divided:

cultures

peoples

families

parents

me

 

The verity in and of creation is art

The verity in and of the universe is art

 

Art is not separation and division

it is the creative expression of the whole

Art dose not dictate that you hate the flower and love the moon

Art does not dictate that you reason the ocean superior and sky inferior

 

If you let it

 

Art teaches individual and mutual appreciation of the two as two

and as one

 

I don’t need to be something to you

You don’t need to be something to me

 

Some say it is their plan

Some say it is how they stay in control

 

we already were something

we already are something

we always will be something

 

we just needed to see

the beauty of the art that is eachother

the beauty of the art that is you

the beauty of the art that is me.

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2014

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket