Saturday, May 16, 2015

Because You’re Supposed To

 

 

 

You think because your skin is wrinkle and blemish free

you have achieved a great feat of life

 

being thirty

or forty

or fifty-three

looking 23 omg

 

The last book you read

was only done so that you can name

the last book you read

 

Your soul is as paper thin

as is your skin

 

hold on

yes

your shell, vehicle, vessel

and its drapings, anointings, adornings

are very beautiful

 

you do know that

none of that at all

is actually you

 

your body fat percentage and credit score

is as important to you

as the birth of your children

as the day of your first wedding

as the day of your second divorce

 

hold on

yes I'm calling you shallow

 

hold on

no I'm not saying that I'm better

 

I will say at least

what I do

I do because it has a purpose

I do because it has a meaning

 

I know that lives are more important than taxes and their brackets

I know that you do not stay

just because of what others might say if you go

 

What you do is because. . .

What you believe is because. . .

Right down to the very words you choose

 

why do you do anything that you do

 

that’s right

go ahead and say it

 

© Christopher F. Brown 2015

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket