Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Oxymoron of Being

 

 

 

Look at these people

With their perfect bodies

their perfect families

their perfect houses and cars

and their other perfect things

 

If I say this directly to anyone

or even aloud

the knee jerk conditioned response is to say

I

me

they

suffer from jealousy

 

Why do people wait four or five decades before they accept

life is not perfect

there is no perfect thing

no perfect someone

no perfect anything

 

you accept what you will

refuse what you wont

put purpose to plan

its all what you decide to make of it

 

They say that is settling

it could be

Id disagree with their understanding of the word

 

forcing something to be a certain way

a certain way that only existed in one’s uncertain mind

how is that anywhere near

perfect

how is that anything less than

delusional

 

I could force myself to be completely

other than I am

 

be what I believe I should be

have what I believe I should have

do what I believe I should do

but is any of that

 

perfect

 

is any of that

me

 

where is the reality in that

 

reality never had anything to do with the notion

the idea

the thing

called perfect

 

They said

weren’t you the one that said

pursue your passion

 

weren’t you the one that said

the only difference between a dream and a goal

are the details that occupy the reality in between

 

Sometimes

I hate talking to me

 

© Christopher F. Brown 2015

 

 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket