Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dear Friend

I’ve come to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter. Your one tack mind; your single sided emotions.

Your claim is your entry; your label is your right to abuse and use, to be completely self absorbed, self righteous, self involved, selfish.


Your brand of companionship could only be done with a smile. If you showed your real and true form, all would run.


Even if I held your face to a mirror and showed you the problem; put on a play with you as the main character; held an intervention with those whom see and know the same; you would only find others.


Your one-track mind, your single sided emotions. They won’t allow you to see, or maybe you don’t want to. It could be you don’t want to know, you don’t want to care. If you did know, if you did see, you would have to care, right?


My friend you have a problem. As your friend, I hope you don’t think I’m judging you. I’m prepared for you to be defensive and point out all of mine. It’s an issue we all see and I am tired of looking the other way. I care about you deeply and have defended you from what others whom claim to be have said.


You have a problem and please see. This problem runs deep and affects more than you know; more than you believe.


You have a problem and even though it’s not as big as Mount Everest or as wide as Lake Victoria, it is sufficient enough to cause me concern.


You have a problem and I hope you take my word. I’ve seen this before so I know what I’m talking about, but I can do nothing because it’s not my problem it’s yours. I’ll continue to pray that you see.


This is your problem which you have to fix. Only you can do it and I know that you can, but it’s up to you. You have to want it.


As your friend, I’m telling you that you need help but it’s nothing more than words to you, words that mean nothing at all.


Your one track mind, your single sided emotions have to want the help for yourself and yourself alone. Until then it still won’t matter, its all still sounds like


“Blah, Blah, Blah.”


You still do what you do; with your smiling mask. You think it’s hiding all that pain. It’s an obvious open wound to those of us who really care about you enough to look and see.


Your “medicine,” is not, does not, and never will work. It only keeps the wound open and causes infection to spread to ever other part of your life. It makes you a user of people, a lump of flesh at times taking up space. You’d like to think, and have convinced yourself quite well that you are the life of the party. When in fact you are the reason they all want to go.


I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t help you. Your single sided emotions, your one-track mind needs help and only you can help it.


©Christopher F. Brown 2009

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket