Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rabbits

Get outta my way, I’m movin fast. I gotta accomplish my goal; achieve my dream.


I already have the ride, the clothes, the house, and the bling.


I have the 2.5 kids and the spouse. The neighborhood watch (which I lead) checks for any and all that may be a louse.


When I’m old, I’ll take a vacation and see the Poconos, maybe learn Japanese.


For now, I have to run, as to not be late. My secretary told me that in my corner office with the deal sealing view there is a sheet cake.


I’ll work it off at the gym with that cute little trainer.


Maybe later after Im dead (if reincarnation is real) I’ll get a second chance to go back and see what it all really means and find what really matters.


I ran out in the street because this light changes fast and in order to cross the street in time you have to hurry. In a hurry is what I am.


I did not even see it. No one is asking me if I’m ok. No one is stopping to help me; they only look down while still talking into the air or their earpieces rather all the while not breaking stride. Cars began to honk their horns as they go around me.


I ask the man with the red tie “Why don’t they care or even try to see if I’m whole or if my body is sound?”

He smiled with a grind as he hung up his cell phone and said.


“Who are you, do I know you? If you know me and I have forgotten you forgive me. I’m very late and have to hurry, god there is never enough time. Here’s my card, call me and we’ll get coffee or lunch or something. Nice to see you again.”


©Christopher F. Brown 2009

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket