Saturday, October 15, 2011

Funhouse Mirrors in the Street

 Funhouse Mirrors in the Street

 

Something material

might

Take hold of my interest

 

But like all things ephemeral

It won't last

 

I'm So

Sick and tired

Of giving you my time to you

All you care about:

 

"What can I get out of him today?

Will it be better than yesterday?

 

How can I give him my least

In return

He'll give me his most?"

 

Its hard

Living this reality

It

Being proof of another universe's theory.

 

Smart enough to know

Better than that

 

Experienced enough to

Have been down the wrong road a few

 

Still scratching my head

Still looking

 

What's wrong for me

Its also

Wrong to you

 

Confusion sets in

 

What works

What seems right for me

Is totally Wrong

For you

 

Maybe

Ill stop looking at you.

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2011

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket