Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm Addicted

I wanna say

 

Art

 

Is my addiction

 

Reaching for my pen

Is

Gong for a pipe

 

Putting paint on a brush

Is

Putting dope in a needle

 

I get so high

Only other addicts understand

 

Art

 

The act of

Creating or recreating something beautiful

Inspired by inspiration and continuing the continuity of

flow

 

Man I’m hooked.

 

Like any good addict

I don’t wanna come down.

 

I feel it in my soul

It’s in my veins

Trying to break free

Trying to match that genetic lock

With some form of expression

being the key

 

Receptors open

Waiting

For divine epiphany

 

Inaudible voices speak words in my ears

Intangible forces control my hands

 

I’m trippin

Right?

 

The rush of endorphins I get when the muse gives me a hit

The euphoric trance I get while in the middle of writing chapter one

The ecstatic state when I finally mix the perfect shade and tone

 

 it’s Art and I know

 

I’m Addicted  

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2011

 

1 comments:

D-Place said...

i like that a lot!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket