Monday, January 14, 2013

Critique Of Something Thought To Be, But Not, Love

“Ridiculously and offensively in love

Openly aggressively and disgustingly

Happy.”

 

Someone once wished me

 

Kissing in the coffee shop

Laughing at the movies

Fighting in the parking lot

Fucking like we just met

Making love the likes we’d never forget

 

I remember

There

 

It was good

It never really meant anything more

 

There were fun times

More bad than good

Reasons

Why you’re not here now

Why I'm not

There

 

You had many different faces

Different voices and shapes

Still

 

You moved in the same manner

Spoke the same words as the former

Disguised them in spiritual simile

Methodical

Monotonous

Metaphor  

 

You can not change your soul

You can not hide from those whom you’ve sired

You can not shield yourself from those whose spirits you’ve nursed

 

Attempted enucleation of my third eye

 

I’ve already given love my heart

 

© Christopher F. Brown 2013

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket