Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Genesis 3:22

I don’t ever want to know

Everything

There would be nothing new

 

The joy of learning would be lost

The wisdom gained from experience

Would have no use

 

What would be the point of diving to the depths of the ocean

What would be the purpose of jotting the expanse of space

 

If I spoke every tongue known to man and beast

All knowledge would be memory

All information would be recollection

 

If I knew everything

 

No one would need share

No one would need to smile

 

I don’t ever want to know

Everything

 

I would like there to be people

(if only a few)

That know vastly more than myself

 

I would like there to be places still undiscovered

Immortal to time

Places that spit

Spitefully

At the presumptive name of progress

 

This is not a blissful ode to ignorance

This is not toast to stupidity

 

This is me saying

I don’t ever want to know

Everything

 

Knowledge

Is

Power

 

The one that knows the most

Controls it

And no one man

Should ever know

That much

 

No one man should ever think he

Is not

man

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2012

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket