Monday, April 14, 2014

Moving

Cleaning out old boxes I find:

old clothes that ive long passed fitting

old bills that have long passed the point of being due

old notes to myself that have long passed the point of purpose

old poems that have long passed the place of remembrance

old pictures that I refuse to view

old love letters that still hurt like new

 

I think to myself,

“I was better then wasn’t I?

 

My writing seemed more pure

My voice seemed more authentic

My passion seemed to burn hotter
I had a reason to own all those ties

 

What happen to me?”

We all change

rather we want to or not

but

shouldn’t I be looking back with a smile?

 

I think to myself,

Thank God I'm not there anymore.

yet here is not that much better

it is arguably worse.

What happen to


Me?”

 

©Christopher F. Brown 2014

 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket