Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Eyerony

The man on the corner asked "If I got that". I shook my head without making eye contact and kept walking.

The man on the next corner said

"You listen to rap? You need some DVD's ?"

I shook my head without making eye contact and kept walking.

The woman on the corner after that did not say anything at all. She tried to hand me a little booklet with Jesus on it. She had another with a lion laying down with a lamb. It made me a bit hungry as I reminisced about the Lamb Tikka Masala I had last night. l waved my hand without making eye contact and kept walking.

When I crossed the street to the next corner I found it was empty. I took off my hat and placed it on the ground. I sat on the fire hydrant and began to play my guitar.

I sat for hours playing and watching people put paper and metal in my hat while most of the time; most of the people shook their heads or waved their hands.

And nobody; not one, made eye contact with me.

©Christopher F. Brown 2009

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket