Friday, March 6, 2009

Mediocrity

Stop standing over my shoulder; breathing your hot breath as you whisper my failings in my ear; as if I did not know them.

Quit looking at me and get out of my way! Don’t you dare point at that again; I know its there and don’t you look at him or her and compare me. I know who and what I am and I know what I am and am not capable of. I will not feel less than happy for the blessing given to others. How horrible of a person would that make me.

My day will come and my time will pass just like everyone else’s. You are the one who wants everyone to be silent. It is the only way they can hear you. You are the one that wants everyone to slow down and ultimately stop. It’s the only way you can catch up.

I command you like the devil you are

"GET BEHIND ME!"

The only power you have is that which is given to you. Your words are only discontent and lies. You preach them as unfathomable certainties to all that can stand your stench. What is worse, some believe.

You are not big enough, grand enough, magnanimous enough to stand in my way. I'll take the advice of my friend and move around.

©Christopher F. Brown 2009

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket