Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I agreed

I absolutely, unequivocally refuse to agree. I will not say yes anymore. I can not say no because society does forbid. I walk away hoping my nose does not bleed, again. I invited you and all of your demonic ways in and I allowed you to spread your foul aura. I watched as it chased them good ole boys away. Them boys don't like you and they know that you are there. They look at me and wonder why I don't make you go away.

Your tears have carved a path the emotional equivalent of the Grand Canyon. I absolutely, unequivocally refuse to agree and I will not allow you to make mine yours, but I have to share because society demands. It's not that I'm being an ass or ungrateful; I just know you and your ways. I know that one means ten and ten means one hundred. I will share because I know I’m not an ass, and I know I'm not ungrateful. I refuse to say no because that would be easy and free but saying yes is the hard thing. I refuse to agree but damn it; I can't say no

©Christopher F. Brown 2009

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket