Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Proclamation of My Emancipation

My emancipation is for me to make a proclamation of.

I proclaim my heart to be free from self destructive tendencies that former lovers exploited for their various reasons and their gains.

I proclaim my mind to be open to all knowledge and free to think, contemplate, and ponder "What if?" I have the discernment to recognize the lies told daily by society, TV and radio, and other minds walking in dark clouds, so thick that their eyes can not see.

I emancipate my soul to praise and worship my god, not seeking approval nor direction form others that claim to know and worship my god better than me. My god asked me to seek him personally but not privately. I am a child of his and in him I have many brothers and sisters in him whom I love dearly but none of them knows quite exactly his plan for me, so I have to agree to disagree.

I proclaim my voice to be free; free to laugh BOLDLY and speak LOUDLY and to say whatever is on my mind however "FUCKED UP" it may seem to be. I only say it because its the truth as I see it. I'm not infallible. I am only man like everyone else so I could be wrong, but at least I said it. Did you?

I emancipate my hands to write; to write, and write, and write, and write freely and passionately and to never stop until they can not grasp a pen nor pencil or even strike a key.

I proclaim to love myself; not in a cocky or self-centered way. I love myself the way I was, the way I am, and the way I will be.

I emancipate ME.


©Christopher F. Brown 2009

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 


Pen to Paper & Finger to Key © 2008. Design by: Pocket